Going beyond Kegel Exercises
Pelvic Floor Disorder can be more than meets the eye
Doing the wrong exercises may further exacerbate symptoms such as:
What causes Pelvic Floor problems?
The truth is that our pelvic floor muscles can be too “loose” and weakened, or “tight” and tense.
Commonly, but not always, problems could arise from certain events in a woman’s life such as:
- Pregnancy and child birth
- Sedentary lifestyle with general lack of fitness
- being overweight
- chronic coughing or asthma
- injury of the pelvic region
- aging – pre and post-menopause due to hormonal changes
- Poor exercise choices leading to increased internal abdominal pressure, and the bearing-down on the pelvic floor
The good news is, just like any muscle in your body, your Pelvic Floor Muscles (PFM for short) can be trained.
If you are suffering from pelvic floor problems, the choice of exercises and how you execute them is going to determine if you’ll get better or feel worse.
At BodyTree Women’s Wellness, our Pelvic Floor & Core Reboot programme focuses on getting your Functional Core Health back on track in 5 training sessions. Your core and pelvic floor can be restored to unconsciously support your spine and intra-abdominal pressure in your daily life.
This programme is conducted in a 1-to-1 setting at these locations:
1) In studio
2) At your home